Luna Kafé e-zine - lunakafe.com|
Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"Rock music is mostly about moving big black boxes from one side of town to the other in the back of your car." (Pere Ubu)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x J u n e 2018
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th Anniversary to The Beach Boys' Friends; Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida; Pink Floyd's A Saucerful Of Secrets,
and The Silver Apples' self-titled debut album, plus three glorious singles: "Days" (b/w "She's Got Everything" by The Kinks, "Fire" (b/w "Rest Cure") by The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown,
and The Small Faces' "The Universal" (b/w "Donkey Rides, A Penny, A Glass").
- Happy 40th anniversary to Peter Gabriel's Peter Gabriel (II) and Magazine's Real Life, plus two singles: Wings' "I've Had Enough" (b/w "Deliver Your Children") and
"(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais" (b/w "The Prisoner") by The Clash.
- Happy 30th anniversary to Patti Smith's Dream Of Life and Scritti Politti's Provision.
- Happy 25th anniversary to Flaming Lips' Transmissions from the Satellite Heart; Slowdive's Souvlaki, and Saturation by Urge Overkill.
- Happy 20th anniversary to Godspeed You! Black Emperor's F? A? ∞ and Neil Finn's Try Whistling This.
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959]|
© 1996-2017 Luna Kafé |