Luna Kafé e-zine - lunakafe.com|
Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"I'm not a rock star. I'm a soft person. I'm not a rock." (Captain Beefheart)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x S e p t e m b e r 2022
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th Anniversary to All The Young Dudes by Mott The Hoople, Black Sabbath's Vol. 4, Close To The Edge by Yes, Catch Bull At Four by Cat Stevens, Bandstand by Family, Sandy by Sandy Denny, Solomon's Seal by Pentangle, Nervous On The Road by Brinsley Schwarz and the singlesJohn, I'm Only Dancing/Hang On To Yourself by David Bowie, Children Of The Revolution b/w Jitterbug Love/Sunken Rags by T. Rex and Elected/Luney Tune by Alice Cooper.
- Happy 40th Anniversary to Music For A New Society by John Cale, Peter Gabriel's fourth and last album in a row called Peter Gabriel (this one aka. Security), It's Hard by The Who, The Dreaming by Kate Bush, Room To Live by The Fall, A Broken Frame by Depeche Mode, Captain Beefheart's Ice Cream For Crow, Forever Now by The Psychedelic Furs, New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84) by Simple Minds and the singles The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow) b/w Pity Poor Alfie/Fever by The Jam and Back On The Chain Gang/My City Was Gone by The Pretenders.
- Happy 30th Anniversary to Nerve Net by Brian Eno, Bone Machine by Tom Waits, the debut albums Good by Morphine, Core by Stone Temple Pilots and Experience by The Prodigy, Peter Gabriel's Us, Sweet Oblivion by Screaming Trees, Dirt by Alice In Chains, Yes Please! by Happy Mondays and the EP Broken by Nine Inch Nails.
- Happy 25th Anniversary to Homogenic by Björk, Cornershop's When I Was Born For The 7th Time, Marchin' Already by Ocean Colour Scene, Static & Silence by The Sundays, Dots And Loops by Stereolab, Portishead's eponymous second album, Buena Vista Social Club's eponymous debut album, Tone Soul Evolution by The Apples In Stereo, Levitate by The Fall, Shleep by Robert Wyatt, Peace And Noise by Patti Smith, and the EP SYR2: Slaapkamers Met Slagroom by Sonic Youth.
- Happy 20th Anniversary to Sea Change by Beck, Illumination by Paul Weller, Underworld's A Hundred Days Off, the debut album The Creek Drank The Cradle by Iron & Wine, In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, Life On Other Planets by Supergrass, Suede's A New Morning and the Ready EP by Madrugada.
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959. The Jukebox lists are also published at our LunaKafeHQ on Facebook.]|
© 1996-2019 Luna Kafé |