Luna Kafé e-zine - lunakafe.com
Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"Just because someone is writing about music doesn't mean they have any real intelligence." (Nick Cave)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x F e b r u a r y 2024
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th Anniversary to Here Come The Warm Jets by Brian Eno, The Silent Corner And The Empty Stage by Peter Hammill, Valentine by Roy Harper, Burn by Deep Purple, Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan, Phaedra by Tangerine Dream, Badfinger by Badfinger, Rock'n'Roll Animal by Lou Reed and Radio City by Big Star.
- Happy 40th Anniversary to Mister Heartbreak by Laurie Anderson, the two self titled debut albums by Dead Can Dance and The Smiths, It's My Life by Talk Talk, Keep Moving by Madness and the single Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin)/Wood Beez (Version) by Scritti Politti.
- Happy 30th Anniversary to Stereopathetic Soulmanure by Beck, Troublegum by Therapy?, the two black Norwegian debut albums In The Nightside Eclipse by Emperor and Vikingligr Veldi by Enslaved, the EP What Jail Is Like by The Afghan Whigs and the singles Stay Together b/w The Living Dead and My Dark Star by Suede, Rocks/Funky Jam by Primal Scream and Spoonman/Cold Bitch by Soundgarden.
- Happy 25th Anniversary to Anima Animus by The Creatures, Keep It Like A Secret by Built To Spill and The Slim Shady LP by Eminem.
- Happy 20th Anniversary to the three debut albums Franz Ferdinand by Franz Ferdinand, Laced With Romance by The Ponys and Schmack! by Steriogram, Fabulous Muscles by Xiu Xiu, The Blue Notebooks by Max Richter and the debut single Somewhere Only We Know b/w Snowed Under and Walnut Tree by Keane.
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959. The Jukebox lists are also published at our LunaKafeHQ on Facebook.]
© 1996-2024 Luna Kafé