Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"Rock music is mostly about moving big black boxes from one side of town to the other in the back of your car." (Pere Ubu)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x A u g u s t 2018
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th Anniversary to Big Brother and the Holding Company's Cheap Thrills; the Byrds' Sweetheart of the Rodeo, and The Beatles' seven-inch "Hey Jude" b/w "Revolution". ...laaaa-la-la-la-la-la-laa, la-la-la-laaah, la-lah....
- Happy 40th anniversary to Devo's Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!; to Wire's Chairs Missing; and to Siouxie And The Banshees' debut single "Hong Kong Garden" (b/w "Voices).
- Happy 30th anniversary to The Go-Betweens' 16 Lovers Lane; to Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking; and Crowded
House's single "Sister Madly" (b/w "Mansion in the Slums").
- Happy 25th anniversary to The Boo Radleys's Giant Steps; to The Breeders' Last Splash; and to Stereolab's Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements.
- Happy 20th anniversary to Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty; to Sparklehorse's Good Morning Spider; and Gorky's Zygotic Mynci's Gorky 5.
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959]|